Cleanliness has been on everybodys’ minds a lot recently, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Ramsgate Rooms encourages you to practice the handwashing and social distancing guidelines diligently. Of course, keeping ourselves and our surroundings clean has always been important, especially if we share our space with others.
Kitchen Hygiene is Always Important
Even when there’s not a pandemic, one aspect of life that has always been of upmost importance is kitchen hygiene, especially if there are several tenants sharing the same facilities. All of Ramsgate Rooms properties have modern, fully-fitted kitchens with twin sinks, to make hygiene a cinch. In fact, a weekly housekeeper is employed to keep all shared spaces including kitchens tip top. In between their weekly visits though, it is generally expected that you also take responsiblity. More than likely you and your housemates will have busy lives and various work patterns. Always keeping the kitchen clean and tidy helps everyone to have a good day.
Being a Good Housemate in the Kitchen
What should you be doing to be a good housemate in the kitchen?
We’ve thought of a few useful pointers so that everyone gets along:
- Before you cook or prepare food, wash your hands.
- If you’ve cooked too much food, allow what you’re keeping to cool down briefly then store in the fridge or freezer.
- Leftovers can stay in the fridge for 2 or 3 days and remain perfectly edible. Make sure you reheat them so that they are piping hot.
- Keep the fridge clean and organised so that everyone has enough room to store their fresh food.
- Wipe up surfaces hygienically after you’ve used them by using hot water, detergent and a clean cloth or sponge.
- Wash up pots, pans, dishes and utensils etc in good time, so that other housemates can use them when they need them.
- Put tea towels, cloths and sponges on a hot wash regularly – they can be a haven for bacteria to grow otherwise.
- Clear up floor spillages quickly, to avoid accidents.
It’s Easy Really
As you can see, there are lots of ways to keep things ship shape. Not only will good kitchen hygiene keep you healthy it will keep your housemates happy too. If everyone mucks in, harmonious living will be the norm without a doubt!
Why not follow this link for even more tips:
Next time: Working and Covid-19